Wednesday, April 11, 2012

24 days

I can do anything for 24 days, right? 24 days. Less than a month. Just over 3 weeks. No big deal.  Well, today was Day 2 and I am not sure if I will make it to Day 3.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am usually on some kind of diet. My genetic code prefers french fries to broccoli and I seem to be allergic to exercise. I may have an addiction to bread. I have been on a ton of diets, "lifestyles" and programs. Slim Fast? Yes. Alli? Own it but too afraid to try it. Special K? Of course. Weight Watchers? They know me by name.  The latest weight loss adventure? Medifast.

I bought a bunch of Medifast "meals" (I put meals in quotes since they are far from a meal) last fall with the full intention of losing "Weight Gain 2011" (also known as Carter). I tried it for a few weeks, had success, but gave up for the holidays. Who knew the holidays went from November through March?  First it was a Vegas trip, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then New Year's..... then my Kansas trip, then President's Day, another Vegas trip, you get the idea.  After looking at boxes of expensive food filling up my counters and a closet full of jeans that don't get past my knees, I decided to give it another go.  Here I am at Day 2.

It sucks. No other way to put it. 5 packaged "meals" and one regular meal a day. The problem is the "regular meal" is a lean protein and a green veggie. Um...that is NEVER a "regular meal" in my world. Bring on the potatoes, the rice, and the BREAD.  I can live without chocolate, candy, cake...but the no bread rule might just make me need to be medicated. More than I already am.

My friend Jody had a great plan to help me out. Put all my Medifast food into lunch bags with 5 meals in each bag. That way each day I just grab a bag and go. Plus, as a bonus, I would have a way of "counting" down how many days I have left. That is where the number 24 comes in. 24 bags of food = 24 days of misery Medifast. I told myself to just get through the 24 days and then I can move on to the next fad diet.

My bags all lined up
I can do it, right? My jeans health depends on it. I figure if I blog about it... I can't quit.  
Here is to Day 3. And broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment